Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sad Tragedy and Cool Deal

Sad Tragedy


I have something to say about this particular post; simply because it's tragic.

http://themorewretchedhiveofscumandvi.blogspot.com/2010/05/laugh-at-world-or-world-will-sit-on-you.html

As a general rule I don't say anything about the articles I post here. Most of the time they are inane articles about people doing silly or ridiculous stuff; either that or they are about things I think are important for people to know, politics or bad people or virus's or scams.

This particular article is kind of one of those things that goes under the heading of "preventable tragedy."

I found this in a little paper called "The Morning Sun" it serves Gratiot and Isabella counties in Michigan, I think:

http://www.themorningsun.com/articles/2010/05/21/news/doc4bf5ace492dd0394191867.txt

 

Now, to start off with, it was pretty ridiculous that someone would jump from a moving truck to buy cigarettes. Be honest, it is. But the end results are nothing but tragic and really is a morality lesson in restraint and moderation.

My family consisted of a lot of people who smoked. Most of who are dead. Some who are still alive but have either cut back considerably and some who just take those dice in their hands and are okay with what might come of their nicotine addiction. I, as a rule am not going to judge you because you smoke. On the contrary, I don't care if you smoke around me. I have been second hand smoking since the week after I was born.

I have my own vices.

I'm sarcastic.

I like beer.

I like to eat.

I like wine.

These things taken to extreme can get you in trouble. And at least once or twice I have taken them to an extreme.

But this particular article really brings home to me the thought that "Is it really that important?"

Think a bit. Your family is heartbroken; you have shortened what life you had left to live, all for something that could wait.

This person lived and died and had a family, people that loved them and gave it all up for a cigarette addiction.

Wow.

Now, I don't know if there was anything else going on that might have contributed to such extreme behavior. I know that once or twice in my life I have been in the midst of a heated argument with my family and wanted to just open the car door and jump out. But the whole thing about getting hurt or killing myself stopped me short. Not to mention I didn't want to end up in the news. All I have to say is, "Wow."

If you are that controlled by a substance, than maybe it's time to seek help. Because no one should die for want of a cigarette.

 

 

My heart goes out to her remaining family and may she rest in peace.


.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·..·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·..·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.

Tears in Heaven

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven
Will it be the same
If I saw you in heaven
I must be strong, and carry on
Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven
I'll find my way, through night and day
Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven

Time can bring you down
Time can bend your knee
Time can break your heart
Have you begging please
Begging please

Beyond the door
There's peace I'm sure.
And I know there'll be no more...
Tears in heaven
____________________________________________________________________

Cool Deal!

Retired mechanic helps Shepherd students restore '57 Chevy

May 22nd

When Bandit Industries donated an old car to Shepherd High School, industrial technology teacher Clif Lehner had to take a step back.

That's pretty darned cool....Huzzah for you guys!



No comments:

Caption of the moment

By Dirigo:


Meanwhile, in the Gulf of Mexico...

About Me

Blog Archive