Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sometimes I take pause

 I'm sometimes given pause by Oprah Winfrey, who is clearly an intelligent, educated woman....And I'll tell you why... Sometimes she does some really oblivious things. Things that make me say to myself," And you just noticed this?"

For instance she had on her book club one month the book," East of Eden". Now she talks about this as if this is something that perhaps no one her age has ever read before. Well, I read it in high school. I also read "The Winter of our Discontent" also by Steinbeck. In highschool.

So...You're just getting to the whole, deep reading phase?

Okay, I'll admit- I've never read "Catcher in the Rye." I believe it may be too late.

But still....

Her latest thing is a campaign to stop people from texting, cell phone talking or anything really to do with a cell phone in the car.

Well that doesn't stop those people who read speeches, newspapers, textbooks, work on their laptops, do their hair, put on makeup, discipline their kids, make love, slap people in the back seat, play with the radio, or flip through CD's...

Obviously for twenty or so years ya'll's been usin a driver cause I've noticed this stuff goin on for awhile...And it ain't got nuthin to do with the advent of cell phones.

This is what I mean....Just an observation mind you.


.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·..·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·..·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.
~ Est queadam fiere voluptas.There is a certain pleasure in weeping. (Ovid) ~


No comments:

Caption of the moment

By Dirigo:


Meanwhile, in the Gulf of Mexico...

About Me

Blog Archive