Thursday, June 18, 2009

REALLY Only in Northern Michigan......Really....No kidding around.

 

Kalkaska County Man is Not Boy Who Vanished in 1955
Posted: 6/18/2009



D.N.A. tests show that John Barnes was not the two-year-old boy who vanished from New York in 1955.

The F.B.I. announced the results Thursday evening.

His Kalkaska family spoke with 9 & 10 News before the results came in. They offered evidence he was their blood relation.

Richard Barnes says John Barnes is his biological son, the same boy he brought home from the hospital after he was born on August 18, 1955.

"I've dealt with this boy all my life. I brought him home from the hospital. It's his desire to do this so be it. What is he trying to prove?" Richard Barnes, who is estranged from John Barnes, told 9 & 10 News.

Cheryl Barnes, the sister John grew up with, showed a picture she says is John as a six-month-old infant.

"I'm really curious why he's doing this. He says it's because he never felt like he fit in. But he never really did fit in. He never tried. He wouldn't let anyone get close to him," Cheryl Barnes told 9 & 10 News.

John Barnes thought he was related to the Damman family, who lost their two-year-old son Stephen in 1955. John thinks he more closely resembles the Damman family than the Barnes family.

"We're his family," Cheryl Barnes says, "Biologically. I feel that in my gut, I feel that in my heart."

Richard Barnes says the intense national media coverage is not affecting him a great deal: "It doesn't bother me. People think it should bother me," Richard Barnes told 9 & 10 News.

But Richard's daughter says it's hurting the family more than her dad lets on: "I'm sure it hurts his feelings. He's not really saying. It's got to hurt. It hurt me that (John) did this," Cheryl Barnes told 9 & 10 News.

9 & 10's Ted Haller and Photojournalist Stephanie Adkins talk with Richard and Cheryl Barnes before the DNA results came in.

 Thanks 9 & 10

http://www.9and10news.com/category/story/?id=155832

Gigglicious!
.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·..·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·..·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.


Rodney Dangerfield  - "What a dog I got, his favorite bone is in my arm."

No comments:

Caption of the moment

By Dirigo:


Meanwhile, in the Gulf of Mexico...

About Me

Blog Archive