Saturday, March 14, 2009

Recycled dog




DOG FOUND IN RECYCLING BIN, RECOVERING AT TC PET HOSPITAL

A little dog is recovering at a pet hospital this morning after being
found inside a Traverse City recycling bin.  Nobody knows how he got into
the dumpster, but Animal Control says there's no way the dog could have
gotten in there on its own.  A woman discovered the dog Thursday and
officers brought him to the Banfield Pet Hospital.  The dog is extremely
thin and suffering from painful frost bite on his ears.  The vet says it
will take about 6 weeks for the Chihuahua-Boston Terrier mix to recover.
The dog will be up for adoption when it fully recovers.  You can see a
picture of the dog on our website, 9and10news.com.


_____________________________________________________________
They dumped it on the lonely road,
Then like a streak they sped;
And as along the way I strode
I thought that it was dead:
And then I saw that yelping pup
Rise, race to catch them up.

You know how silly wee dogs are.
It thought they were in fun.
Trying to overtake their car
I saw it run and run:
But as they faster, faster went,
It stumbled, sore and spent.

I found it prone upon the way;
Of life was little token.
As limply in the dust it lay
I thought its heart was broken:
Then one dim eye it opened and
It sought to like my hand.

Of course I took it gently up
And brought it to my wife
Who loves all dogs, and now that pup
Shares in our happy life:
Yet how I curse the bastards who
Its good luck never knew!

No comments:

Caption of the moment

By Dirigo:


Meanwhile, in the Gulf of Mexico...

About Me

Blog Archive