Friday, August 14, 2009

Monkey Butt Parents

I can’t tell you how this makes me feel. It’s unreal.

Its anger and outrage and astonishment and just plain old being stunned.

It’s something I can’t believe.

More than once I have had children sleeping on my couch because a parent can’t cope with their child being a teenager and more than one child have I taken in because Mom or Dad can’t seem to get it together enough to be grown ups.

I had one girl who lived with me, finished high school and got her drivers license while living with me, who had never known a real mother and was astonished that when the test instructor asked her who was “Mom” I volunteered and said, “Me, I’m her mom”. The poor thing always had a look on her face like a dog that had been beat too much.

I had another who couldn’t stand living with her parents during the weekend when she wasn’t at her father’s house. She was on my couch so much that we would buy food just for her.

One time we weren’t told about someone sleeping on our couch and my husband got up in his underwear and got some milk in the middle of the night to find a teenage girl of unknown origin staring at him.

I had another whose parent didn’t want to frankly be a parent anymore and would, if you would please, do anything to “get rid” of his kid.

I had children who were sick on my couch and I heard someone coughing and got up and gave them Robotussin for a cold.

And there were times I would have to ask my children “Who is sleeping on the couch?” or “Would you please tell me before someone is coming over to stay, so I don’t walk out in my pajama’s?”

That’s how common it was.

Disposable children.

Here’s the thing, if you don’t want to have children but want to get married or have this ungodly promiscuous lifestyle…Then get yourself fixed because, like a cat, you’re going to have unwanted children following you around wanting to be fed and clothed and like a cat, you’ll get to a point where you don’t want to deal with them sucking off you anymore, so you’ll either ignore them, or verbally or physically abuse them until they go away.

Here’s the sad part.

Unlike a cat however, most of the time, by the time their kittens are weaned, they are essentially equipped to handle the world; whereas, human children can be weaned but cannot handle the world for a couple decades or more.

And I’ve seen a cat try to jump through a screen door to get to her kittens whereas these supposed “parents” wouldn’t even sacrifice a weekend for these children let alone jump through a screen door if they had to do that to save their young.

If you do want to get married and just want to put off having children, that’s fine, and if you just find yourself having a pregnancy that is unwanted, for the sake of the entire world, give the baby up to some family that would want it and love it. Don’t keep it because it’s a nice accessory to wear on your arm. This is a life long commitment that lasts longer than the eighteen years that the government tells you to keep them. That magic number was made up by draft boards, and is too young for anyone to be able to decide what’s right, wrong or sideways for them.

It breaks my heart.

I have seen children who are intelligent and their parents are proud of their achievements in school, because they have been honor roll students….Come to my front door with gashes in their head because dad was drunk and couldn’t take junior’s alleged mouth. I don’t care who you are, that’s not cool.

I’ve seen honor students doing calculus in high school, with blazingly bright futures….thrown to the wolves and told to find a new home, because mom and dad decided that they were all done raising their family….Even though one was left and only had this infinitesimal time to finish.

They couldn’t handle it.

What couldn’t you handle?
What could be so important that you couldn’t deal with a brilliant, talented child being a teenager? What is so awful about a child who has a little bit of a difficultly in school…A little bit of a difficultly? What has made you so self-important as to think that you can just brush off this person’s feelings and thoughts because you thought that they were unworthy of your time? WHO MADE YOU SO VERY IMPORTANT?!?

Do you know what makes me so very very very angry? What fills me with such rage that I wish to go ahead and do violence to someone? What makes me, a gentle, warm human being, filled with compassion and patience, ready to verbally slaughter you!!!!

LIVE MY LIFE!

I would in a heart beat if God told me he would grant it, gladly give my right arm, all my talents and gifts back to God….Give them back….My art, my voice, my love of music, my love of history, my self expression through writing….Give them back willingly….IF I COULD MAKE MARTY AN AVERAGE NINETEEN YEAR OLD MAN.

Not especially talented, not especially brilliant, not especially anything, just average….

And you have thrown that away, simply because it’s inconvenient for you.

LIVE MY LIFE! LIVE IT! For one day, alone. Live it, a week, live my life with an autistic child who will never live alone. Whose destiny is unsure. Live with the chaos of it. The inconvenience of it, the time it takes, the energy and heart ache of it. The pain of watching your child look so very average and be so very disabled….LIVE MY LIFE!!!

YOU’RE THE BANE OF SOCIETY INCARNATE!!!!

And the heartache you will carry later in your life, you totally and fully deserve.

Be alone in your old age………….You’ve earned it.

.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·..·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·..·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.


Mike Ditka - "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."

No comments:

Caption of the moment

By Dirigo:


Meanwhile, in the Gulf of Mexico...

About Me

Blog Archive