Saturday, August 8, 2009

The End of My World

Sometimes you realize that you are not immortal.

This comes to no surprise to you when you suddenly have an ache or a pain that in your youth, you just never had before.

For instance, when I was in high school I fell down the stairs at the high school. Our high school was three stories tall with granite stair cases two at each end and two in the middle, and because my last name started with an "S" I was subjugated to climbing all three flights if I had a class on the basement floor….Yes we had classes in the basement.

It was a small town.

 

Anyway, I was wearing a skirt one day for some reason and I had to run up the stairs to get to my locker and I fell down the stairs and managed to jam my arm into the socket of my shoulder.

Now, I knew that someday that would be a source of some pain. I knew that damaged tendons would probably lead to some arthritis, however I was unawares that it would become my barometer of how nasty the storm coming up on us was…And so every time it snowed a goodly amount or we had some crazy thunderstorms-if the barometer was in the right place and everything had worked it's way out somehow, I would be in some righteous pain.

 

What I didn't realize that at some point this would become the pinnacle of pain, aside of my back, which went out on me from time to time because of an injury sustained as an employee of Information's Technology.

 

So this morning, I woke up, in a pretty good mood and was going through my day and for some reason, out of the clear blue sky "OUCH!"

It was storming outside, a good, hard steady rain; however, did I expect that I would be immobilized with pain? No.

And the first thing you think is, "Is this more than just a pain left over from something that happened almost thirty some years ago?" "Should I go to the hospital with this pain?" Don't know, it's hard to know. I mean, nurses always look at you like you're an imposition when it's something like an ache from an old injury…Like you're a wuss and should just deal with it. SO you hate to go in there and have it turn out to be the victimization and violation of your bones as a teenager, coming back to reek vengeance on your body as a middle-aged mother of three and former IT worker.

 

However, since a bus could miss me walking in front of it sometime while shopping at the local grocery store…Or I could at sometime be one of those unfortunate souls who are in the designated flaming airliner heading for a field somewhere….Here is a list of songs I wish played at my funeral. Please make sure it happens:

 

You and Me- Dave Matthews Band

April Come She Will- Paul Simon

Bridge Over Troubled Waters-Art Garfunkle, Paul Simon

Baby Blue- Dave Matthews Band

Golden Slumbers- The Beatles

Good Night-The Beatles


Have my nephew Zech, sing April Come She Will and Golden Slumbers and Good Night.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

And yes, it hurts that much.



--
.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·..·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·..·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.

No comments:

Caption of the moment

By Dirigo:


Meanwhile, in the Gulf of Mexico...

About Me

Blog Archive