Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ah.......

Odd (perhaps) response to a comment on a Seattle Times article

Rejection of Bush, his legacy clear in election

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/presidentialrace/2008352401_prezanalysis05.html

And this was a comment:

bulldog1981-
Don't get me wrong, this is a monumental moment - however - Barack Obama is not African American...he's Arab American. He's only 5% black. That's why I think it's so funny that many minorities voted solely on the color of the candidates' skin.

Ah!
The very fact that you might be one of the guys that graduated with me:
A) Makes me think everything I thought about my class was fundamentally true.
B) Scares the crap out of me...

Don't get me wrong, this is a monumental moment - however - Barack Obama is not African American...he's Arab American. ( How did that happen?!? and did his alleged father know about this? Oh wait, he's not Arab he's 1/2 Kenyan...BUTTHEAD!) He's only 5% black. That's why I think it's so funny that many minorities voted solely on the color of the candidates' skin.
Is this guy related to this woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YIq5Q15L1o

*One eyebrow raises.*

Then in another response, the sunlight breaks through and we see sanity in a sea of stupid:

"Oh bulldog1981, so much hatred, I hardly know where to start. Let's see....

First of all, President-elect Obama's father was from Kenya. Let me consult my handy atlas here... Hmmm... Looks like Kenya is in... Wow! Africa! Who knew?

Perhaps your atlas is one of those that hasn't been updated in the past two millennia, but according to mine, that would make his father of African descent, and by simple extrapolation President-elect Obama would, ergo, be considered African-American.

Also, your assertion that "many minorities voted solely on the color of the candidates' skin" is an extremely repugnant statement. Are you implying that people of color don't understand the issues enough to vote based on them? That perhaps they may have voted to reject the values of the current Administration and the GOP, never entered your mind?

I would assert, based on your support, that perhaps it was you who voted based on the color of the candidates' skin, not the minority voters.

I'm a middle-aged white male. How then, in your narrow little view of the world, would you explain my vote for President-elect Obama? Perhaps I too, with my two college degrees, am somehow unable to understand the issues, and voted for President-elect Obama based on the color of his skin?

By the way, I keep using the term "President-elect Obama" because I know it will make you feel the same way I felt everytime a right-wing supporter used President-elect Obama's middle name in making an argument. Wow, I can see why you liked it. It's an accurate statement, but really adds nothing to the over-all discussion.

The landslide victory for President-elect Obama (wow, I did it again!) and for Democratic candidates in state elections across the country is a clear message that it was not just people of color who are tired of the constant fear-mongering of the GOP.

We choose to live in hope of a better America, rather than in fear of those who try to tear it apart. Yes, there may be attacks on our nation by others, but we can deal with those.

This is a great nation, and we showed that in the election yesterday."

Thank you and good night.
*wink*
Rock solid RED HEAD

No comments:

Caption of the moment

By Dirigo:


Meanwhile, in the Gulf of Mexico...

About Me