Saturday, April 5, 2008

INVERSION


The person in these pictures is Rick himself...

A friend of mine posted to our email group this email where he shared some of these pictures.
Rickubis
He has a webcam website and far into animals and environmental things, I suggest you go there if you are interested in those things, it's far too intriguing.

Anyway, this is his post and I was particularly interested in these pictures:

June 04 & 18, 2005-- It was the weekend before my surgery (June
6th). I'd eaten at a nice restaurant ("it NEVER closes") not far
from downtown; and then I went to get a haircut. I was driving down
Montrose when this house caught my attention. After my haircut, I
returned to the intersection of Montrose and Willard, parked at the
Texas Art Supply, walked across the street, and took the image shown
in the OLD RICKUBISCAM, below.


RICKUBISCAM

Now you know why I stopped. Below is another picture from across the
street.



Fortunately, I'd seen a short report on this on our local TV news
(but I hadn't noted where the house was), or I wouldn't have known
what to think when I saw this. This house is an arresting sight when
you don't expect to see it.

This house is actually an art piece. The card affixed to it named it
as Inversion.



I was able to return to this house after my surgery, on June 18th.
The remaining 2 mages above show me inside the hole, showing scale.
If you happen to be in Houston, you might consider driving by and
seeing this for yourself.





Further note, in 2008. It's long gone now

No comments:

Caption of the moment

By Dirigo:


Meanwhile, in the Gulf of Mexico...

About Me

Blog Archive