Thursday, December 24, 2009

Diamonds and Cubic Zirconia's

Historic Health Care Measure
About stinkin time....Although it's not what I wanted for Christmas....
You know, I've been married for a couple o' decades now...And here's my thing...My husband didn't buy me a diamond when we got married. He bought me a Cubic Zirconia.
It was really pretty and ornate. But it was too gawdy for my tastes and not a real diamond.
He had his mother buy the thing which was fine, however, she has different taste than I do and really he could have gotten me a tiny diamond and nice plain band for as much as the big ole Cubic Zirconia.
For years I told him I would love to have a plain band with a nice diamond.
Instead, he bought me diamond pendants. Which are nice....And diamond earrings....Which are equally as nice...And a diamond set in a cat pendant...Which was different but nice and a wedding band with diamond chips all over the thing, which was okay....But not what I asked for. So, why was this such a hard request?
Well, partly because my husband thought that by buying me all these different assortments of diamonds, that A) I would be placated in my request for a plain band and a tiny solitaire (to which he was clueless to what I was talking about) and B) He just thought I wanted diamonds. Which was wrong.
I wanted one.
That's all I wanted.
One diamond ring; a solitaire.
It didn't have to be the size of a paper weight. It just had to be a solitaire. So....
One day we were walking through a department store and I took him over to the counter and said, "That is what I want." (This was in our twenty-fourth year of marriage).
"That's it?" He said incredulously.
"Yeah."
"I would have never picked that for you."
"I know."
"You're sure?"
"Yeah. Pretty sure."
So he had the girl measure my fingers and ring it up and in a few weeks I had my dream wedding set.
It costs approximately, in all likelihood, so much less than the gawdy, fake one.
So what am I getting at? Well, in my estimation this Health Care bill is kind of like all those well-meant diamonds. They are okay, but not what we wanted. And finally when the house and the senate figure out what we really want and how much less it is going to cost everyone in the long run they are going to do the same double take that my husband did.
"That's it?" They said incredulously.
"Yeah."
"I would have never picked that for you."
"I know." And it will cost approximately, in all likelihood, so much less than the gawdy, fake one.


.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.•·.·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·..·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·..·´¯`·.·•.·:*¨¨*:·.
~Takes a village to raise an objection~


Blessed Merry Christmas and a quietly happy New Year.



No comments:

Caption of the moment

By Dirigo:


Meanwhile, in the Gulf of Mexico...

About Me